Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Great for sandwiches or over mashed potatoes
- 1133.98 g chuck roast
- 118.29 ml water
- 453.59 g bottle barbecue sauce (your choice)
- 78.07 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml mustard
- 1 small onion, chopped
- salt and pepper (desired amount)
- Place roast in crock pot.
- Combine remaining ingredients in saucepan and bring to boil.
- Cover roast with sauce mixture.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Chop meat and stir.
Very easy and pretty tasty, too. I think this is the kind of recipe that will change depending on what type of BBQ sauce you use. I used Kraft Hickory Smoke and the end result was a tiny bit too tangy...not sure if it was the Kraft or something else. It also ended up a little too saucy and we had to serve with a slotted spoon (and my roast was nearly 3 lbs). I'm hoping the sauce will cook down and become thicker, as I have the lid off now. This recipe is easier than most BBQ beef recipes that have lots of ingredients and it was great to plop it all in the crock pot and leave it. I wasn't sure if it was really necessary to boil the sauce ingredients, but I did it anyway, just in case. All in all, very good for ease and the small amount of ingredients. Thanks!