Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I am not one for anything BBQ, I admit it. But for SOME crazy reason, I absolutely LOVE this dish! my family likes it as a sandwich, but I love it just plain on the plate! I usually make it with a side of my cole slaw (see my recipe for All Purpose Coleslaw) **Note, if you are looking for a more sweeter BBQ taste add more Ketchup & Brown Sugar** I usually have to eyeball the ingredients in the crockpot and add more as needed to suit my taste.
- place the boneless chuck roast in a slow cooker/crock pot.
- combine all the above ingredients in a large bowl mix together and pour over top of the roast.
- cook on low for approx 8-10 hours, or on high for about 4-5 hours
- remove from pot, place on wooden cutting board and shred beef by pulling with a large fork.
- add shredded beef back into the crock pot and stir in the sauce to reheat and coat beef.
- can serve on rolls (use kaiser) or plain on a plate with a side dish or two!
- (*note, all slow cookers are different depending on the size, cooking time, temp etc. so you may have to just keep an eye on it. I have a large crock pot and no matter what I cook, it cooks perfectly, my Mother has a large one more commercial grade and she ended up burning her BBQ beef!
I followed this exactly as written, and it just didn't live up to our BBQ tastes. Perhaps we prefer a sweeter sauce, as this tended to be more sour. Thanks for sharing the recipe - it just didn't work for our family.