Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This dish is zesty and yummy! Spoon meat onto toasted sandwich buns, and top with additional barbecue sauce."
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (4 lb) boneless chuck roast
- In a large bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, red wine vinegar, Dijon-style mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke. Stir in salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place chuck roast in a slow cooker. Pour ketchup mixture over chuck roast. Cover, and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove chuck roast from slow cooker, shred with a fork, and return to the slow cooker. Stir meat to evenly coat with sauce. Continue cooking approximately 1 hour.
This was delicious. Everyone in my family loved it, even my hubby, who isn't a big fan of bbq beef. I didn't have dijon mustard at home so I used some regular mustard instead. Can't wait to make this again. This recipe will become a regular in our house. Thanks!
This was so yummy and easy to boot, thanks for sharing, have made twice now and always get requests for the recipe-wonderful!! I am making it again tomorrow for my pampered chef party-sure it will be a hit :)
This is great!!! So easy and you can use different meats. I have made it with chuck roast and with brisket and they both come out great. If you have run out of time cook it on high for about 3 hrs then shred and cook for another hour.