Recipe by Learning the Ropes
This dish is zesty and yummy! Spoon meat onto toasted sandwich buns, and top with additional barbecue sauce."
Top Review by Lisa7096
This was delicious. Everyone in my family loved it, even my hubby, who isn't a big fan of bbq beef. I didn't have dijon mustard at home so I used some regular mustard instead. Can't wait to make this again. This recipe will become a regular in our house. Thanks!
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (4 lb) boneless chuck roast
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, red wine vinegar, Dijon-style mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke. Stir in salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place chuck roast in a slow cooker. Pour ketchup mixture over chuck roast. Cover, and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove chuck roast from slow cooker, shred with a fork, and return to the slow cooker. Stir meat to evenly coat with sauce. Continue cooking approximately 1 hour.