Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A tasty heart warming dinner that is ready when you come home from work.
- 2 (27 ounce) cansbavarian sauerkraut, drained
- 2 lbs polish kielbasa, precooked and cut into 3 " pieces
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced,separated into rings
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup water
- In bottom of a crock pot/slow cooker, layer 1 can sauerkraut, 1 pound sausage pieces, half the onion slices, 1/2 teaspoon boulllon and 1/4 teaspoon celery seed.
- Repeat layers.
- Add water.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat setting for 7 to 9 hours or HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve with boiled potatoes and apple raisin salad.
This recipe is Fantastic!It also works great for pork chops with bone and hot dogs. Instead of the water,I added 1 cup apple juice. A quick and easy meal anytime.