Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This is a great work day meal or potluck meal.
- 3 lbs spareribs, cut in pieces
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Place spareribs in crock pot (they can be simmered first to reduce fat).
- Combine other ingredients except onion; mix well.
- Pour sauce over spareribs.
- Add onion.
- Cook on high for 1 hour.
- Turn to low and cook 4-6 hours (if spareribs are precooked) or 9-10 hours (if raw meat is used).
These were okay. I did pre-boil with some added onion and celery and then cooked in the crock pot for 7 hours with the sauce. The meat was stringy and not all that flavorful. Meh.
Very tasty recipe and hubby ate all the leftovers the next day. Will definately cook this again
My Dad is a rib expert, and he loved this recipe!! It tastes wonderful, and is so easy! Makes you want to cook ribs more often!