Recipe by bmcnichol
This is a wonderful chili recipe that my whole family enjoys.
Top Review by momofM&M
I can't believe I forgot to review this - it's one of my favorite Recipezaar recipes! The first time I made this was for Superbowl Sunday and everyone LOVED it! I've made it a few times since and we always enjoy it. Thanks for posting!
- 7 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 -4 lbs beef brisket
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can hot chili beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first five ingredients and rub over brisket.
- Cut into eight pieces and place in crock pot.
- Combine the green pepper, onion, chili sauce, ketchup, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard and pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and cool slightly.
- Skim fat from cooking juices.
- Shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in the beans.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour or until heated through.