Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 hrs
- 4 lbs chuck roast
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring (optional)
- Place chuck roast in a slow cooker then cook roast on Low 8 to 10 hours or High 4 to 6 hours.
- About 10 minutes before chuck roast looks done mix ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder and liquid smoke set aside.
- Remove chuck roast from slow cooker and place in a bowl.
- Drain grease from crock pot.
- Shred chuck roast with a fork.
- Return shredded roast to the slow cooker.
- Pour barbecued sauce mixture over the top of shredded chuck roast and mix well.
- Continue cooking approximately 1 hour on High.
- Serve meat onto toasted sandwich buns.
Absolutely wonderful! This will become a regular at our house.
YUMMY!!!! I used a top round roast, which is a leaner cut of beef. I ate mine without bread and it was great on it's own.