Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Great for a busy day! Such an easy meal and nothing can beat the flavor of barbecued ribs. Extremely tender ribs. Most all vegetables go with this entree. Everyone will love the cook and smack their lips!
- 2 lbs country-style pork ribs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- vegetable oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
- Lightly brown ribs and onion in vegetable oil. Salt and pepper ribs generously. Place in crock pot.
- Mix all other ingredients and pour over ribs.
- Turn crock pot to high for 1 hour and low for remaining 3 to 4 hours.
- Note: If you would like sauce thicker, mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch in 2 tablespoons water and add last 15 minutes.
I'm addicted to these. The crock pot make these so easy. Thanks for posting this.<br/><br/>Hopefully, this time it works. I did try before.
I made these on 11/04/12, and I'm so very sorry that I waited until now to review. Except for letting the ribs cook on low for 4 hours, (they were cooked for 6)the recipe was made exactly as written. I even made a thicker sauce as stated in Step 4. Both my SO and I thought that this was a very good recipe and want to thank you for posting a recipe that will be made again. " Keep Smiling :) .
Made these luscious ribs over the weekend and they were soooooooo good! I followed the recipe as directed and wouldn't change a thing... The flavors were awesome! Will be making these again soon and trying them on the grill. Thanks for sharing with us Emily! Made and reviewed for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #14. Linda