Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Make and share this Crock Pot Barbecue Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs pork back ribs
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cola
- 1 1⁄2 cups barbecue sauce
- Mix brown sugar, pepper, liquid smoke, garlic and salt; rub mixture into ribs. Cut ribs into 4 inch pieces.
- Layer ribs and onion in crock pot.
- Pour Cola over ribs.
- Pour any barbecue sauce over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 4-6 hours.
Very good. I love BBQ ribs, but usually have no time to stand over a grill to cook them. This is a great alternative. I omitted the garlic, because there was some in the sauce that I used, but otherwise, the recipe was followed to the letter. Yum. I will be keeping this one!!
These ribs were wonderful! So juicy and tender. And the BBQ sauce they cooked in was not too strong -- just a real good flavor for someone not really crazy about BBQ sauces in general. This recipe is a keeper! Thanks so much, Gwynn!