Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 hrs
This couldn't be easier and it's so delicious. Serve it up with some corn on the cob and watermelon, and you've got the perfect summer dinner.
- 2 -3 lbs lean boneless pork roast
- 1 large walla walla onions or 1 large vidalia onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 28 ounces barbecue sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's Original recommended)
- 8 hamburger buns
- Place pork roast in crock pot.
- Add onion and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover roast with water.
- Crock on low for 8 hours.
- Remove roast and onions and place in a large bowl, discarding the cooking water.
- Fork-shred the pork, discarding any fat (if necessary).
- Return shredded meat and onions to crock pot.
- Dump the sauce over it and crock an hour or so on low until heated thoroughly.
- Serve on toasted buns.
This is tasty but, if you are used to the smoked full flavor of slow roasted pork, then it comes up short. Otherwise, nice.
This is ridiculously tasty and easy. Thanks for posting it!
I have a questionable relationship with my crockpot even though I want to love it. But my whole family loved this dish and it couldn't have been easier. Used chicken broth, as suggested in other reviews, to cover a nearly 4 pound pork loin. Was surprised that the meat stayed so moist even after draining. Cooked 8 hours on low, then a couple more hours on warm after the sauce was added. Was very low fat which was a great bonus, and freezes well too. Thanks for sharing the recipe!