Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
this is the best crock pot barbeque I've had try it I think you will agree
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 1⁄2 lbs of lean cubed pork
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped'
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup of firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- combine all ingredients in 5 quart crock pot
- cover and cook on high for 7 hours
- shred before serving.
Although I did not get the recipe from here, I used this exact recipe from another source and we loved it! We decided that it tasted more like shredded beef sloppy joes than barbecue. I used 3 pounds of beef cubes but otherwise made as posted. The meat shreds easily when pushed on the side of the crockpot with a spoon. We had enough for 8 large sandwiches. Great recipe!
I was a little disappointed. The meat was done just right, but the flavor wasn't what I was looking for, I've had much better barbecue.