Recipe by Sue Lau
Makes a sweet sauce that is nicely sticky so have lots of napkins! Great for days when the weather isn't good enough to grill outside!
Top Review by puppitypup
Loved it! I added a dry rub for the first part and for the second part used homemade grape jelly rather than plum. The sauce is delicious but I think it needs the dry rub too (I used garlic powder, onion powder and seasoning salt.) I cut the ribs into large chunks then browned them and then cooked 8 hours on low plus 30 on high. Thank you for posting Sue! Made for photo forum's Crockpot Event, see my rating system as I rate tougher than most.
- 2 lbs country-style boneless pork ribs
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2⁄3 cup good barbecue sauce
- 1⁄3 cup plum jam (amount to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ribs, onion and garlic in crock pot.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until pork is cooked through and tender (your time may vary with your appliance).
- Drain ribs and onion from crock pot.
- Discard any juices from crock pot and return meat and onions to crock pot.
- Stir together barbecue sauce and jam until blended.
- Pour over ribs, stirring lightly to coat.
- Cook on high for 30 minutes or until sauce has thickened and ribs are glazed.