Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A tasty way to make barbecue chicken for sandwiches.
- 6 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup water (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (add to your taste)
- Place frozen chicken breasts on bottom of slow cooker.
- When cooking in a slow cooker, frozen chicken is best because it doesn't dry out as much.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all other ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with fork.
- Add chicken back in with barbecue sauce and stir well.
- Serve on hamburger buns topped with mustard.
Easy to make, good for one of those work-in-the-yard days. I agree vinegar a bit strong. I have a similar recipe for beef this way so I'll try 1/4 c. WHITE vinegar next time b/c the recipe is a keeper.
This was very good and tasty. Slightly strong on the vinegar for me, next time I'll reduce it a little. We really enjoyed this meal. I served it with pasta.