Recipe by Nasseh
This is a low-carb version that doesn't use store bought barbecue sauce. Other skinless chicken pieces can be subbed for the whole chicken.
Top Review by Noo
This was very simple to throw together and tasted pretty good too. I shredded the chicken after it was cooked and did throw in a little more barbecue sauce ( I recommend gailanng's recipe# 430587#430587) and then stuffed it into toasted rolls-delish!
Made for PRMR.
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce (use a good quality brand)
- 1⁄4 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2-1 3⁄4 tablespoons splenda brown sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (3 -4 lb) whole chickens, skinned
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients together, except chicken, in a medium bowl.
- Spoon a thin layer of the sauce into the bottom of the crock pot. Then place the skinned chicken laying breast side down into the pot.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken then cover with the lid & cook on low for 6- 7 hours.
- Note: Make sure to use skinless chicken or there will be a lot of fatty liquid in the sauce.