Recipe by bmcnichol
I have been making this for years. Something quick, easy and good to cook up in the crockpot.
Top Review by Boomette
I used red bell peppers cause that's what I got. I used seasoning salt. Instead of crushed tomatoes, I used a leftover of tomato sauce. I used fresh mushrooms in quarters. This is so tasty. And after 8 hours, the meat was tender and ready. Thanks Bonnette :) Made for Zaar Star Game.
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion, pepper and garlic in oil.
- Combine salt, pepper, beef stock, tomatoes, mushrooms, barbecue sauce and onion,pepper and garlic mixture.
- Add stew meat to crock pot and pour over remaining ingredients
- Cook low heat 8-10 hours.
- Mix cornstarch, cold water and add to crock pot to thicken the sauce.