Recipe by mommy2taylor
Very simple BBQ recipe made in the crock pot. Great with coleslaw & beans as a meal OR served on buns.
- 3 -4 lbs boston butt
- 1 large onion
- garlic powder
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Season boston butt thoroughly with salt, pepper, garlic powder & any other seasons preferred.
- Dice onion & place in bottom of crock pot.
- Place Boston Butt in crock pot & cook on low 5-6 hours.
- Remove crock pots contents into strainer & separate meat from fat, placing only meat back into crock pot. Meat should shred as you pull apart, you may need to shred more with a fork.
- Add & stir in vinegar & BBQ sauce of choice.
- You can add more spices , vinegar or BBQ sauce to suit your tastes.
- Cook on low, stirring occasionally another 45 min.- 1 hours to heat thoroughly.