Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I love crock pot cooking and I was so intrigued by this recipe, especially if you don't want to heat up the kitchen. I haven't tried it but, let me know what you think. Crock pot Banana Bread Recipe from: The Best of Electric Crockery Cooking
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, well mashed, overripe
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- With electric beater on low, fluff shortening in a small bowl, until soft and creamy.
- Add sugar gradually.
- Beat in eggs in a slow stream.
- With a fork, beat in 1/3 of the flour mixture, 1/2 the bananas another 1/3 of the flour mixture, the rest of the bananas then the last of the flour mixture.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Turn into a greased and floured baking unit or a 2 1/2 quart mold and cover.
- Place on a rack in crock pot.
- Cover crock pot, but prop the lid open with a toothpick or a twist of foil to let the excess steam escape.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours.
- Cool on a rack for 10 minutes.
- Serve Warm.