Recipe by Ceezie
If your crock pot didn't come with a rack you can use an aluminum pie plate that is vented w/ holes, and cut the sides to fit the pot. For the "unit" I just used a non-stick bread pan.
Top Review by 878238
I used butter instead of shortening, cut the walnuts because I don't really like nuts in banana bread, and put it straight into the crock pot. It was done after 3 hours on high and was fantastic. I will make this again when I want some easy banana bread.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups well mashed overripe bananas (2 or 3 bananas)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. With the electric beater on low, fluff the shortening in a small bowl, until soft and creamy. Add the sugar gradually. Beat in the eggs in a slow stream. With a fork, beat in 1/3 of the flour mixture, 1/2 the bananas, another 1/3 of the flour mixture, then the rest of the bananas, and finally the last of the flour mixture. Fold in the walnuts.
- Turn into a greased and floured baking unit or a 2 1/2 quart mold and cover. Place on a rack in the slow cooker.
- Cover the cooker, but prop the lid open with a toothpick or a twist of foil to let the excess steam escape.
- Cook on high for 4 to 6 hours. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes. Serve Warm.