Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I have been loving using my crock pot this week, so i'm not slaving over a hot stove in the heat. Here is an awesome yummy recipe fantstic with brown rice, or baked sweet potatoes. (or anything really! lol) Remember to share to save recipe on your wall!
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons instant minced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs or 8 chicken breasts or 24 ounces boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 dash chopped fresh parsley
- Combine the first five dry spices in a small bowl and spread over chicken on both sides. Set aside. Pour olive oil and garlic on the bottom of the crock pot. Place chicken on top. Pour balsamic vinegar over the chicken. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. Sprinkle with fresh parsley on top to serve.
Oh my goodness! This has to be the most tasty way to cook chicken thighs, and they just fall off the bone. My 4 teens and their respective others loved this. We rate new recipes by "YES cook this again" and "No go ahead and pass". This was "YES" in all caps! Thank you so much. I will look for more of yours.
Husband, kids & I all liked this recipe very much. The only things that I did differently from the directions was I used 5 frozen boneless chicken breasts and put them in the crockpot frozen (not thawed at all) on the LOW setting for 8 hours. They practically fell apart getting them out of the crockpot.
I was impressed by the ease of this recipe. I'm more of a multi step cook and am just warming up to the slow cooker. This recipe made me a believer. No leftovers and cheap to make. Surprisingly good! I served with green beans and baked potato.