Recipe by Olha
The slow cooker version of Potatoes Boulangere, as the dish is known, is every bit as easy as the tasty original.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 -2 cup chicken stock or 1 -2 cup beef stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly Greased Slow Cooker Stoneware.
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring, until softened.
- Add thyme, salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Place a thin layer of onions on the bottom of greased slow cooker stoneware.
- Add a layer of potatoes.
- Repeat until all potatoes and onions are used up, finishing with a layer of potatoes.
- Add chicken or beef stock to cover.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours, until potatoes are tender.
- VARIATION: Bakers’ Potatoes Gratin: When the potatoes are cooked, transfer the contents of the slow cooker to a baking dish.
- Sprinkle 1 cup shredded Swiss or Gruyere cheese over top and brown under a preheated broiler.
- The 150 Best Slow Cooker recipes.