Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Great baked potatoes, got this recipe from family friend.
- Select 3-4 nicely sized baking potatoes.
- Wash and dry potatoes, rub with vegetable oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Wrap in foil.
- Place in crock pot on low heat in the morning.
- Do not add liquid to crock pot.
- Slow cook for 6-8 hours.
- Serve topped with cheese, bacon, onion, etc.
Easy and delicious. I cooked the potatoes for 8 hours. They were perfect. I used red potatoes.
Great idea! Baking potatoes in the crockpot is easy and no fuss. In the summer, you can still have baked potatoes without heating up the kitchen and in the winter it saves room in the oven for other things! I love recipes I can throw in and walk away from!
This recipe is a great find. Our potatoes were so fluffy and light. I used olive oil and see salt. plus I added about a 1/4 C.of water to the pot. My crockpot instructions state that it should always have some liquid in the pot. I will use this recipe often. Thanks for posting!