1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Baked Potato Soup
Audrey M's Note:
A wonderful flavored soup. Nice served with homemade potato bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2/3 cup butter or 2/3 cup margarine
- 2/3 cup flour
- 6 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 chopped green onions
- 12 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces light sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- additional cooked bacon (optional)
- 1Wash potatoes and prick several times with a fork.
- 2Bake in foil in a preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until done.
- 3Let cool.
- 4Cut potatoes.
- 5Melt butter in a heavy sauce pan over low heat.
- 6Add flour, stirring until smooth.
- 7Cook 1 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 8Gradually add milk.
- 9Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is bubbly.
- 10Pour into crock pot and then add potato cubes, salt, pepper, green onions, crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese and chicken granules.
- 11Cook on High for 4 hours.
- 12Stir in the sour cream right before serving.
- 13If soup is to thick, add a little milk at a time until desired thickness is achieved.
- 14Garnish with additional sour cream and crumbled bacon.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Baked Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (472 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 699.7
- Calories from Fat 438
- Total Fat 48.7 g
- Saturated Fat 28.4 g
- Cholesterol 137.3 mg
- Sodium 1022.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 20.8 g