Prep 1 hr
Cook 4 hrs
A wonderful flavored soup. Nice served with homemade potato bread.
Make and share this Crock Pot Baked Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 6 cups milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 chopped green onions
- 12 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces light sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- additional cooked bacon (optional)
- Wash potatoes and prick several times with a fork.
- Bake in foil in a preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until done.
- Let cool.
- Cut potatoes.
- Melt butter in a heavy sauce pan over low heat.
- Add flour, stirring until smooth.
- Cook 1 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is bubbly.
- Pour into crock pot and then add potato cubes, salt, pepper, green onions, crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese and chicken granules.
- Cook on High for 4 hours.
- Stir in the sour cream right before serving.
- If soup is to thick, add a little milk at a time until desired thickness is achieved.
- Garnish with additional sour cream and crumbled bacon.
We just loved this soup! I actually cooked it on high for about 2 hours, then turned it to low. I added 1/2 a block of cream cheese, and didn't add the sour cream to the crock pot, as our guest doesn't care for it. We added just a dollop on each bowl. This recipe will be on our menu all winter long.
This soup tastes just like O'Charley's baked potato soup. I didn't change too much, just switched out the cheddar for velvetta cheese. It was perfect! And even better the next day.