Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I made up this recipe by combining a few of my favorites together. It's very easy and great for parties/potlucks.
- 453.59 g bacon
- 453.59 g ground sirloin
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 793.78 g can baked beans (I prefer Bushes brand)
- 425.24 g can kidney beans, drained
- 425.24 g can butter beans, drained
- 118.29 ml ketchup
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 4.92-9.85 ml dry mustard
- 14.79 ml apple cider vinegar
- Chop up the bacon into bite size pieces.
- Place a small amount of olive oil in a 12 inch skillet and cook bacon over medium heat until cooked through.
- Remove bacon with slotted spoon.
- Add ground sirloin, onion and garlic to bacon drippings and brown until meat is cooked and onion is transparent.
- Drain meat.
- Combine bacon, meat/onion/garlic mixture and all other ingredients in a crock pot until hot and bubbly.
- Cook on low (4-5 hours), or high (2-3 hours).