Recipe by DoubleA's Mom
I made up this recipe by combining a few of my favorites together. It's very easy and great for parties/potlucks.
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can baked beans (I prefer Bushes brand)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop up the bacon into bite size pieces.
- Place a small amount of olive oil in a 12 inch skillet and cook bacon over medium heat until cooked through.
- Remove bacon with slotted spoon.
- Add ground sirloin, onion and garlic to bacon drippings and brown until meat is cooked and onion is transparent.
- Drain meat.
- Combine bacon, meat/onion/garlic mixture and all other ingredients in a crock pot until hot and bubbly.
- Cook on low (4-5 hours), or high (2-3 hours).