Recipe by Kermit in Huntsville
This is my receipe I have used for years. It goes together quickly and is absolutely delicious. It has never failed me and I am always asked for the receipe.
Top Review by mommymakeit4u
Took alot of planning ahead, but the end result was good! Next time I'll only be cooking it around 6 hours as the time stated would definitely dry the beans out in my slow cooker.
- 2 cups dried navy beans
- 8 cups water
- 1 large onion
- 1 lb bacon (cooked)
- 1 cup water (hot)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak beans overnight in 8 cups water.
- Next day drain water and add to pot with lots of water.
- Bring to boil reduce heat and simmer 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- till tender.
- Drain and rinse with hot water.
- Place beans, onion, 1 cup hot water, cooked bacon, brown sugar, molasses,tomato paste, salt, dry mustard and pepper in a crock pot and
- mix throrougly.
- Simmer 10-12 hours on low setting.