Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my receipe I have used for years. It goes together quickly and is absolutely delicious. It has never failed me and I am always asked for the receipe.
- Soak beans overnight in 8 cups water.
- Next day drain water and add to pot with lots of water.
- Bring to boil reduce heat and simmer 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- till tender.
- Drain and rinse with hot water.
- Place beans, onion, 1 cup hot water, cooked bacon, brown sugar, molasses,tomato paste, salt, dry mustard and pepper in a crock pot and
- mix throrougly.
- Simmer 10-12 hours on low setting.