Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I grew up cooking with my grandmother who never believed in measuring a thing, so please excuse me if my "guesstimates" are off! This recipe came to me as I attempted to duplicate my grandmothers famous baked beans, and well I will honestly say that they aren't hers but they certainly don't last around my house! There are so few ingredients that you can feel free to experiment in throwing in whatever you like
- 3 (15 ounce) cansof your favorite beans (I mix Great Northern and Butter Beans)
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 lb bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- On a baking sheet with raised edges, place your bacon in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes turn your oven off, but leave the bacon inside to finish cooking.
- Dump all 3 cans of beans in your crock pot including juices. Pour in about 1/2 cup of Molasses, I have never measured this but Gramma always told me to hold the bottle of Molasses on its side and go 3 or 4 laps around the crock pot as to make a race track out of molasses inside the crock pot.
- Crumble the bacon and and soak up grease with paper towels. The more grease you soak up the better.
- Stir to combine.
- cook on low for about 6 hours.
- I turn my crock pot off about an hour before serving, this allows the beans to thicken up a bit.