Recipe by ladypit
This is a great recipe for fall. I love the smell as it cooks all afternoon.
Top Review by Pets'R'us
Yum!!! Warm and cold!! I cooked them longer but they could take it. The only different thing I did was soaking the raisins in dark rum first. My husband liked it with custard, for me...as they were cooked, but I liked it better cold, the syrup is then less sweet. Thank you for a nice, tasty and easy recipe!
- 5 -6 baking apples
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Core the apples and peel each about 1/4 of the way down.
- Put them in the crock pot.
- Fill the centers of the apples with the raisins.
- Mix the water with the butter, the cinnamon, and the nutmeg.
- Pour it over the apples and cook on low for 2 to 4 hours.
- Serve warm or cold.