Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
A very filling dish that goes over well with everyone.
- 2 large chicken breasts or 4 small chicken breasts
- 2 parsnips
- 2 carrots
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely minced
- Peel and chop carrots and parsnips and place them in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Sprinkle with garlic.
- Place chicken on top.
- Pour in broth.
- Cut squash into chunks and slice off the skin.
- Place on top of chicken.
- Sprinkle desired amounts of salt, pepper and nutmeg on top of squash and drizzle enough honey on top to lightly cover the squash.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours.
I really liked the acorn squash in this dish, but the parsips were a little strong for me. Next time I would only use 1 parsnip and more carrots. I cooked this on high for 1 hour and then low for 5 hours--the chicken was a little dry, even though I used frozen chicken breasts.
It is a very simple and basic recipe. I found it a little bland but the ease of this recipe compensate for it. I
This was very good. I liked the parsnips and carrots in it.