Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Easy and delicious crock pot recipe that I found online somewhere and adapted.. enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs turkey tenderloins, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into short, thin strips
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or less)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 green onions, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter or 1⁄3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 12 ounces cooked vermicelli or 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 3⁄4 cup peanuts or 3⁄4 cup cashews, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Place turkey, bell pepper, 1 cup broth, soy sauce, garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW 3 hours.
- Mix cornstarch with remaining 1/4 cup of broth in small bowl until smooth.
- Turn slow cooker to HIGH.
- Stir in green onions, peanut butter, and cornstarch mixture.
- Cover and cook 30 minutes on high or until sauce is thickened and turkey is no longer pink in center and stir well.
- Serve over noodles and sprinkle with chopped nuts and cilantro.
This is super easy and hearty even though I forgot the cilantro. Next time however I will serve it over rice instead of the angel hair spaghetti. Thanks for sharing.
Terrific unique oriental inspired flavor. I liked this and my husband loved it. I cheated and substituted a can of cooked chicken for the meat. Next time I make this I am going to add a can of water chestneuts.
Thanks for sharing!
This was awesome! The red peppers sort of melted into the sauce. I used turkey slices and light soy sauce (only one I had). I did add a little more peanut butter.