Recipe by littleturtle
Sweet and spicy, and so tender it will fall right off the bone. Great served over steamed rice with a side of Asian slaw.
Top Review by Vino Girl
I made these for my husband last night, and so this is his taste rating. :) As for me, these were very easy to prepare. The hardest thing was draining off the sauce to separate it, but that wasn't *that* difficult (just a little clumsy for me) and it is definitely something you should do since a lot of fat cooks off. After I separated it, I whisked in some flour to thicken the sauce a little. Otherwise I made this as written. They were definitely very tender! I served this with soba noodles and steamed veggies (broccoli, sugar snap peas, carrots). Thank you.
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml ginger, minced
- 14.79 ml garlic, crushed
- 59.14 ml hoisin sauce
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 44.37 ml brown sugar or 44.37 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 29.58 ml sesame oil
- 29.58 ml instant minced onion
- 14.79 ml oyster sauce
- 29.58 ml sake
- 14.79 ml five-spice powder
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 1814.36 g beef back ribs or 1814.36 g short rib of beef
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except for ribs in crock pot.
- Add the ribs one at a time, coating them with sauce and stacking them as you go.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Remove ribs and pour sauce into a separate container.
- Allow fat to separate and skim off of top (there will be quite a bit).
- Return sauce to meat, and serve.