Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I love baked artichokes with lemon and decided I was going to try to adapt for my Crock Pot. The result is delicious! If you love Lemon this dish is for you! Also South Beach friendly.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (Frozen)
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts
- 2 fresh portabella mushrooms
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) package hollandaise sauce mix
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- Put chicken breasts in bottom of Crock Pot.
- Put frozen Artichoke hearts on top of chicken. Chop Portabello's into cubes and add. Mince garlic and add.
- In a bowl pour in the chicken stock. Add envelope of Powdered Hollandaise Sauce and whisk to combine. Add juice of 1 lemon, Rosemary and Salt and pepper. Add to crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or high 4-6 hours.
- When done remove chicken and Veggies with a slotted spoon onto plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Turn to high and whisk sour cream into juices in crock pot. Let simmer 15 minutes and serve.
Smelled better than it looked. My husband hasn't ate any of it in the past two days. I ended up eating it only because I didn't want it to go to waste. The artichokes fell apart into sludge. It didn't have too much garlic, lemon, or artichokes; it must of been the combination.
We LOVED this!
This was AMAZING! The entire family liked this dish. The only complaint was that they would have liked the sauce to be just a bit thicker. I did use fresh chicken and canned artichokes rather than frozen and I also added about a half a bag of frozen spinach on top of the mushrooms. I baked it in the oven for about an hour and a half at 325 and served it along with rice and carrots. This would be a nice dish for a dinner party. (3)