Do you want something different in a crock pot recipe...this is it. The fresh Mediterranean flavors are a treat and so is the couscous.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves or 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen artichokes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced pitted ripe olives (or 1/4 cup capers, drained)
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 -3 teaspoons curry powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups hot cooked couscous
- Rinse chicken& set aside.
- In a 3 1/2 qt crock pot combine mushrooms, undrained tomatoes, frozen artichoke hearts, chicken broth, onion, olives,& wine/broth.
- Stir in tapioca, curry powder, thyme, salt,& pepper.
- Add chicken.
- Spoon some of the tomato mixture over chicken.
- Cover& cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Serve with hot cooked couscous.
- Serves 6.