Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Do you want something different in a crock pot recipe...this is it. The fresh Mediterranean flavors are a treat and so is the couscous.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves or 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen artichokes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced pitted ripe olives (or 1/4 cup capers, drained)
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 -3 teaspoons curry powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups hot cooked couscous
- Rinse chicken& set aside.
- In a 3 1/2 qt crock pot combine mushrooms, undrained tomatoes, frozen artichoke hearts, chicken broth, onion, olives,& wine/broth.
- Stir in tapioca, curry powder, thyme, salt,& pepper.
- Add chicken.
- Spoon some of the tomato mixture over chicken.
- Cover& cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Serve with hot cooked couscous.
- Serves 6.
My husband loves anything curry! And I love anything that's easy! This is IT! We loved it! I used a combination of skinless, boneless chicken breasts and thighs, because we like some dark meat. I also used the olives AND capers, simply because I love capers. But because of that addition, I didn't add any extra salt, as my capers were the great big salty kind. It was lovely over the couscous! A must try for Mediterranean style food lovers!
Wow, this was wonderful! The flavor was subtle but delicious, and the chicken was so moist it just flaked apart. I did add about 1/2 tbsp. hungarian paprika, and I added marinated artichoke hearts at the end since I couldn't find frozen ones. I served this over parmesan couscous with toasted pita bread. Hey, the bf loves it, so that makes it a keeper.
I really liked this easy to make soup/dish. I skipped the couscous and just had it like a thick and delicious soup/stew. Wonderful after a busy day at work. Thanks for sharing!