Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This recipe is from the Welcome Home Nursing Newsletter. This recipe is acceptable for diabetic/"Sugar Buster" diets.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (your preference) or 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs (your preference)
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup (no water)
- 2 cups artichoke hearts
seasoning of choice
- salt (etc.) or pepper (etc.) or garlic (etc.) or season salt (etc.)
- cooked brown rice
- Place ingredients, including preferred seasonings, into crock pot early in the morning.
- Cook on low/slow heat.
- It's ready to pour over cooked brown rice 8 hours later.
Yummy! Yummy! Yummy! My husband, 19-month-old daughter, and I all loved it. And it is sooo easy! I cooked it 4 hours on high (instead of 8 hours on low), and I added a chopped onion and a bit of seasoning salt.
Served with Garlic Mashed Potatoes. Mixed greens dressed with a simple balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil dressing. Added carrot and parsnip spears to the crockpot during last hour of cooking. Thickened the sauce to make a delicious gravy poured over brown rice, and sopped up with "fresh from the bakery", crusty, rolls. DEEEEEELLLLIIIICCCCIIIOOOOUUUUSSSS Chicken was lip smackin', finger lickin' good; and the veggies, pure ambrosia.
I loved this! I did make some changes. I added some peas to the mix and used one can of cream of mushroom and also one of cream of chicken. I served it over campanelle pasta. I cooked it for 7.5 hours on low and it was perfect. The chicken was so tender!