Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
We LOVE this one! I am a huge artichoke fan so I try to make this at least once a month.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, drained and diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in the slow cooker. Mix thoroughly. Add artichokes 30 minutes before you serve.
- Cover; cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
This was scrumptious! We're not big fans of curry powder, so left that out, but added plenty of garlic.I also added in some mushrooms and thoroughly enjoyed. Thanks for a great, easy meal.
This was good but my husband didn't care for it at all. He quickly picked up on the curry powder and thought it was a strange addition to a Mediterranean-type dish. I happened to like it, I thought it added another layer to the dish. One thing, if I made this again, I'd add the artichoke hearts midway through cooking. Mine came out a little mushy.
This was a tasty dish made in my crockpot. I made it for the second time last night, and was missing the wine and olives, but it still turned out good. The artichokes give it a nice zing. It is better the second day. I will freeze some to eat for lunches in the future. A keeper!