Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is really easy to make, and a nice alternative to my favorite spinach artichoke dips...Came up with this one because my kids refused to eat anything with "spinach" in it, and I wanted them to try artichoke hearts!!! LOL! They really do like this, especially served with "Chicken in a Biscuit" crackers. (Go figure.) I prefer to use bread cubes for dipping, personally...
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon frank's hot sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot. Cover and cook on "low" for 2 hours, or until cheese is completely melted. (Stir after the 1st hour.).
- Stir well before serving. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.