Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A great tasting stew served over noodles. It is one of my favorites.
Make and share this Crock Pot Artichoke Beef Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 lbs lean stewing beef, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 1 cup red wine or 1 cup beef broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 20 small fresh mushrooms, halved
- hot cooked noodles
- Combine the flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl or resealable plastic bag.
- Add beef and toss to coat.
- Brown beef in oil.
- Transfer to a crock pot with a slotted spoon.
- Gradually add consommé to the skillet.
- Bring to a boil; stir to loosen browned bits from the pan.
- Stir in onions, wine or broth, garlic and dill.
- Pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours or until the meat is nearly tender.
- Stir in the artichokes and mushrooms; cook 30 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Serve over hot noodles.