Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 hrs
Simple, inexpensive and yummy: this recipe is just right for the end of a long work day.
- 4 lbs chicken thighs, and legs NOT leg quarters
- 14 1⁄2 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces canned peas
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix, depending on your own tastes
- 8 ounces of goya yellow rice
- 1. Put all ingredients EXCEPT the rice in the crock pot on high for 4 hours or low for 6 to 8. Stir it all up and ignore it.
- 2. One hour before you want to eat, add the entire 8 oz of rice and set the temp to low.
- 3. Cook covered for one hour.
- 4. Serve and enjoy!