Recipe by SweetSueAl
A 3 or 4 quart crockpot is the best size for this, but I have a 6 quart. If your pot cooks fast, err on the lower end of cooking time. From the website A Year of Crockpoting
Top Review by Megans Jewelry Box
This was very good! I made this yesterday after making applesauce in the crockpot on Sunday (#45633). The only change I made was to use some garlic powder instead of minced due to time constraints. It needed when I ate it, but had great flavor and was still moist. Thanks! I've been perusing the year of crock pot cooking blog myself!
- 4 frozen chicken breast halves (or thighs)
- 1 1⁄2 cups applesauce
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes (or 1 yellow onion, chopped finely(my choice)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the frozen chicken pieces into your crockpot.
- Add the onion (if you are using the dried onion, wait and add it to the applesauce).
- In a bowl, mix the applesauce, vinegar, garlic, and spices together. Pour on top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours, or on high for 3-4.
- Serve with rice or noodles.