Recipe by bmcnichol
I got this off a recipe list a few years ago.
Top Review by weekend cooker
Amazing recipe !! Never would of thought many of these common ingredients, could make a WONDERFUL RECIPE !! Each of us had 2 servings each, the only thing I did was decrease the salt to 1/4 teaspoon. Adefinate winning recipe, and we really enjoyed it.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (16 ounce) jar applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (I use Splenda)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 9 slices bread (day old white or cinnamon-raisin, cubed about 7 cups)
- cooking spray
- 2 lbs coffee, can (empty and clean)
- aluminum foil
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, applesauce, sugar, butter, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Gently stir in bread cubes.
- Lightly spray 2-lb coffee can with cooking spray and place above mixture in can; cover tightly with foil.
- Place can in crock pot. Add water to cooker. Cover lid of crock pot with foil.
- Cook on high for 3 hours.
- Remove can from crock pot, spoon pudding into serving dishes. Top with whipped cream, if desired.