Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Nothin' beats hot spiced apple sauce!
- 12 cups pared cored thinly sliced, cooking apples
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- Place apples in slow cooker.
- Combine sugar & cinnamon.
- Mix with apples.
- Stir in water, lemon juice, & nutmeg (optional).
- Cover & cook on low 5-7 hours or on high 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hours.
- Stir for a chunky sauce.
- Serve hot or cold.
Great, simple and easy recipe. Only reason I went with 4 stars was because of the water. It was to runny. I made it a second time using only a 1/4 cup of water and it was perfect. I used Honey Crisp and Red Delicious apples. Family ate it up!
I used Cortland apples and lime juice. The smell was amazing while cooking. I may add some cinnamon next time. At the end, I just gave it a stir and it was perfect for me. Thanks for posting :) Made for Basement tag game