Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Apples in a crock pot
Make and share this Crock Pot Apples recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash freshly-grated nutmeg (optional)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter, cut in small pieces (to 2 tablespoons)
- Place apple slices in the crockpot; stir in remaining ingredients and dot with butter.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 6 hours, or until apples are tender but not mushy.
- Stir about halfway through cooking.
Well, mine turned out more like "chunky applesauce" in the crockpot, but that doesn't mean we didn't like it. I only cooked for 3 hours- so suggest watching carefully. It was warm and comfort food. Would have been awesome over vanilla ice cream, if we had had any!