Recipe by nnreq
Great recipe for apple pie that bakes while you're at work. Great served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Top Review by bartonian
I sprinkled extra Bisquick on mine. I only had 6 apples, and it was still delicious. It was done in 5 hours, and I had to leave the house. I turned it off and when I came back it had continued to make the nicest crust, and it was still warm. I will make this for an 'everyday apple dessert', but I will continue to make more special apple desserts than this for holidays. Presentation is very important for holidays, and this just doesn't look that great.
- 8 tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss apples in a large bowl with cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg.
- Place in lightly greased crock pot.
- Combine milk, softened butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and the 1/2 cup of Bisquick.
- Spoon over apples.
- Combine the 1 cup Bisquick and brown sugar.
- Cut the butter into the mixture until crumbly.
- Sprinkle this mixture over the top of the other Bisquick mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until apples are soft.