- 4 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1 cup crushed saltine
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped apples
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable broth or 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray inside of 2- 3 1/2 quart crock pot with cooking spray.
- Mix bread crumbs, cracker crumbs, apples, pecans, onion and celery in crock pot.
- Mix remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Pour into crock pot and toss to coat ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or until stuffing is slightly puffed and browned around the edges.
- Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.