Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling or 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup melted margarine
- Place pie filling into crock pot.
- Mix butter and cake mix- will be crumbly.
- Place cake mix mixture in crock pot over pie filling.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours .
very easy and tatse good to my kids loved it
This worked out perfectly for me! I made this as an alternative to Apple Pie for my Thanksgiving get together and it was super popular! I mixed a little Cinnamon & Nutmeg in with the Apple, and then sprinkled a little of both over the top of the 'crumble'. I actually probably had this in the slow cooker for about 5 hours in total- 3 hours on low, 2 hours on very low/warm. The top turned out uniformly 'crispy' for me and I'll definitely be making this again! Great with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream!
This didnt work for me either. The cake part mostly did not set up and it was much to sweet. I used a can of cherries.