Recipe by mer@
Simple and tasty. Great with vanilla ice cream or cool whip! From Busy Cooks.
Top Review by Chef1MOM-Connie
I can't believe i forgot to review this. I made this for a dessert for an impromptu dinner at our house. As I knew the oven would be used for the main course and my other crock for the side I needed a dessert. I made yours as I had all the ingrediants and everyone liked it. I put softened vanilla ice cream over top amd chocolate pieces. Very good. I did have to stop cooking at 2 hours as the apples were beginning to mush, (could be because different crocks heat differently), but all in all very good. I will be making this again and again. Thank you.
- 6 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix oatmeal, sugar, flour, pecans and spices in a small bowl.
- Stir melted butter and vanilla into mixture until it is crumbly.
- Put half of the sliced apples in crock pot and spoon half of oatmeal mixture on top.
- Cover with remaining apples and top with the rest of the crumb topping.
- Cook on high about 2 1/2 hours.