Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Simple and tasty. Great with vanilla ice cream or cool whip! From Busy Cooks.
Make and share this Crock Pot Apple Dessert recipe from Food.com.
- 6 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (optional)
- Mix oatmeal, sugar, flour, pecans and spices in a small bowl.
- Stir melted butter and vanilla into mixture until it is crumbly.
- Put half of the sliced apples in crock pot and spoon half of oatmeal mixture on top.
- Cover with remaining apples and top with the rest of the crumb topping.
- Cook on high about 2 1/2 hours.
I can't believe i forgot to review this. I made this for a dessert for an impromptu dinner at our house. As I knew the oven would be used for the main course and my other crock for the side I needed a dessert. I made yours as I had all the ingrediants and everyone liked it. I put softened vanilla ice cream over top amd chocolate pieces. Very good. I did have to stop cooking at 2 hours as the apples were beginning to mush, (could be because different crocks heat differently), but all in all very good. I will be making this again and again. Thank you.
The flavor was good but my family was put off by the slightly goopy oatmeal topping. Nothing wrong with the recipe, just not the texture my family likes. Thanks for posting!.
Wonderful easy recipe, couldn't be easier. I doubled and took to a potluck dinner where everyone loved it. Will definately make again and may even try some of the additions suggested in the other reviews.