Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I love using my crock pot and this smells wonderful while its cooking! I like to make this in the Fall when apples are at their best! This is very easy to make and very satisfying!
- Generously spray a crock pot with non stick cooking spray, line with apples.
- Mix together flour, sugar, spices and margarine in a bowl.
- Cover the apples with this mixture.
- (Pack it on top.) Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Scoop out a portion and serve with any or all of the optional toppings: Vanilla ice cream, Whipped cream or whipped topping, if desired.
- * I use a medium size crock pot to make this. Using a large crock pot will probably not work well as the ingredients will be too spread out and may burn around the edges.
This was great and it did make my house smell wonderful! I cooked it on high and cut the time short (2 hours) and mine still burned a little, so if your crock pot cooks hot, cook this on low. It was a great recipe, my family said it was one of the best things they had ever eaten with vanilla ice cream.
This was absolutely terrible.Way too much (topping) flour and brown sugar..if you look at the Slow Cooker Apple Crisp recipe on this site you will see that the ingredients call for way less flour and brown sugar and also calls for regular sugar...This tasted like brown mush. Very disappointed. I will try the Slower cooker one that was found in family Circle April of 2008. What a waste of butter and apples..Susan O'Day