Recipe by Little Bee
I love using my crock pot and this smells wonderful while its cooking! I like to make this in the Fall when apples are at their best! This is very easy to make and very satisfying!
Top Review by megeddington
This was great and it did make my house smell wonderful! I cooked it on high and cut the time short (2 hours) and mine still burned a little, so if your crock pot cooks hot, cook this on low. It was a great recipe, my family said it was one of the best things they had ever eaten with vanilla ice cream.
- 6 medium cooking apples, peeled, cored, sliced (I like Granny Smith)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Generously spray a crock pot with non stick cooking spray, line with apples.
- Mix together flour, sugar, spices and margarine in a bowl.
- Cover the apples with this mixture.
- (Pack it on top.) Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Scoop out a portion and serve with any or all of the optional toppings: Vanilla ice cream, Whipped cream or whipped topping, if desired.
- * I use a medium size crock pot to make this. Using a large crock pot will probably not work well as the ingredients will be too spread out and may burn around the edges.