Recipe by Khat
Since I was having problems finding a good recipe for an apple crisp done in the crock pot, I converted my mom's old microwave recipe from the 1980's for fruit crisp. You could probably use any fruit
Top Review by Brenda in Winnipeg
While this was quite tasty and easy to make I was not happy with the consistency of the crumbs. They didn't sprinkle on very well. The apples were a little tart as I used Granny Smiths. Will use a sweeter apple. I'll also try different fruit, as well.
- 6 cups prepared apples (or any other fruit)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine (if you like a drier crust, use 6 tbsp of butter)
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place prepared apples in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Melt butter in small mixing bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly over fruit and press down lightly.
- Cook on high for about 3 hours.