Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Since I was having problems finding a good recipe for an apple crisp done in the crock pot, I converted my mom's old microwave recipe from the 1980's for fruit crisp. You could probably use any fruit
- 6 cups prepared apples (or any other fruit)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine (if you like a drier crust, use 6 tbsp of butter)
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place prepared apples in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Melt butter in small mixing bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly over fruit and press down lightly.
- Cook on high for about 3 hours.
While this was quite tasty and easy to make I was not happy with the consistency of the crumbs. They didn't sprinkle on very well. The apples were a little tart as I used Granny Smiths. Will use a sweeter apple. I'll also try different fruit, as well.
This was excellent and yummy. I substituted the apples however, for blueberries at my son's suggestion. I'll have to double it next time as there wasn't enough for my big brood and their friends. But it did make the house smell heavenly. It was easy to make, and I esp. love the topping. I plan to make that for use on other desserts as well.
I would have to say that this has a good tast to it, but over all, it was not what I considered apple crisp. The crisp part of this recipe was not a bit crispy, it was all stuck together like GLUE. My husband begged me not to make it again. It did make my house smell nice, but too bad I had to throw it out, AS IT WAS ALL STUCK TOGETHER. WOULD NOT MAKE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!